Persimmon as the basis of Persiskin ©
We are located in the center of persimmon production: Valencian Community
In 2020, the Valencian Community has produced 88.5% of the persimmon harvest from all over Spain.
In the last 6 years, Spain has gone from producing over 300 million kilos of persimmon to almost 500 million kilos, becoming the main exporting country in the world.
Our alternative to animal or synthetic leather is vegetable-based, taking advantage of 100% of our crops.
It is estimated that more than 50% of the persimmon crop was wasted each season. We speak in the past because now there is Persiskin.
Our environmental footprint is very small because we work with local harvest
We have managed to create a new textile that can be produced commercially, providing a positive social and economic impact.
Name last Name
"Synthetic leather and animal leather are unsustainable"
Until now, for the production of the leather and its synthetic alternatives, processes and materials such as the following have been needed:
• Use in large amounts of resources including: fuel, water, land and food.
• Toxic chemicals used in production with great impact on both the health of workers and the environment.
• Unimaginable creation of residues in the tanning process.
• Use of Synthetic materials that take many years to break down and release toxins.
However, from Persiskin, we propose a new alternative with much less environmental impact and the following features:
• For its production, no additional environmental resources are required to the raw material.
• We do not use chemicals or prohibited substances used in the production of our vegan leather.
• Our production process is closed circuit: We use the remains and surpluses of the persimmon harvest to create the final product.
Persiskin addresses these problems by creating a sustainable textile of natural origin. An alternative without the sacrifice of animals or harmful chemicals.
Persiskin is created from the surpluses of the existing persimmon crop, so no additional environmental resources are required for its production.View collection