Persimmon as the basis of Persiskin ©
Our alternative to animal or synthetic leather is vegetable-based, taking advantage of 100% of our crops.
It is estimated that more than 50% of the persimmon crop was wasted each season. We speak in the past because now there is Persiskin.
Our environmental footprint is very small because we work with local harvest
We have managed to create a new textile that can be produced commercially, providing a positive social and economic impact.
Name last Name
"Synthetic leather and animal leather are unsustainable"
Until now, for the production of the leather and its synthetic alternatives, processes and materials such as the following have been needed:
• Use in large amounts of resources including: fuel, water, land and food.
• Toxic chemicals used in production with great impact on both the health of workers and the environment.
• Unimaginable creation of residues in the tanning process.
• Use of Synthetic materials that take many years to break down and release toxins.
However, from Persiskin, we propose a new alternative with much less environmental impact and the following features:
• For its production, no additional environmental resources are required to the raw material.
• We do not use chemicals or prohibited substances used in the production of our vegan leather.
• Our production process is closed circuit: We use the remains and surpluses of the persimmon harvest to create the final product.